Application Developer, Sr (USA)-732274
Capital One's US Card - Decision Sciences Team is an industry leading organization in the area's of information based strategies, business intelligence and automated decisioning. The Solutions Automation Team is a core contributor to this success and today we are opening several associate positions for Application Developers to come join this elite group. As a member of this team you will support Capital Ones' top thinkers in the area of marketing strategy, customer acquisition and customer management.
As an application developer with the Solutions Automation Team you will design, develop, implement and maintain decisioning application software on platforms using SAS, Unix/Linux, Teradata, WinTel and other technologies as appropriate. As a member of the Solutions team, you will support our valuations modeling and decisioning experts to ensure that they have the best possible tools and data needed to make the best possible decisions for Capital One and its customers.
The Solutions automation team is a high performing team. As an application developer for this team, you will be expected to take ownership for problems, quickly come up to speed and produce rapid high quality results. Our delivery style is a combination of Agile SCRUM and Extreme Programming. You will be expected to balance several assignments at one time while meeting all delivery expectations and maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Successful candidates will work with senior management and business customers as deep subject matter expert on our valuation, scoring and optimization tools.
- They will be responsible for the design and development of enhancements to our tools.
- They will code complex prototypes and proof of concepts relating to optimization tools.
- They will produce high quality finish code products of a complex natures relating to optimization tools.
- They will frame and oversee the code of more junior programming staff.
- They will partner with QS teams to ensure top quality software tools are released into production
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- 2 years of experience in Application Development in structured programming environment using a language such as C, C++, C#, J#, Java etc.
- Successful candidates must posses a strong passion and aptitude for programming and producing high quality, high performance code.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science from a Top 25 University, Business or Engineering School.
- 5 years of experience in Application Development using SAS BASE, SAS/AF, SQL and Unix Scripting.
- Demonstrated meaningful experience programming in one of more of the following settings industries: Marketing, Scientific, or High Tech Industry, Big 5 Consulting.
- Demonstrated meaningful experience programming in one or more of the following technical environments: OLAP Environment, Mass Parallel Processing (LFS/MPP) environment, SOA environment; High performance SQL environment in multi-petabyte data warehouse environment or multi-terabyte operational analytics environment.
- Certified in both SAS BASE Programming and SAS ADVANCED Programming
- A strong business or statistically mathematics background
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Richmond-Richmond-West Creek 2 (12072)
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting :
Unposting Date :
Capital One Financial Corporation, incorporated in July 21, 1994, is a diversified banking company focused primarily on consumer and...