As a member of the Applications Systems team supporting our Finance and Investment areas, the
utilizes expertise to develop, modify and support new and existing applications. Daily responsibilities include working closely with onsite end users to understand business needs, write specifications, perform system and data analysis, implement and modify systems and create detailed test plans, as well as providing testing, troubleshooting and support across systems. The Developer Analyst also supervises from start to finish development assignments for junior resources.
Application Systems Developer Analysts
provide support to the financial and investment operations at Loews Corporation through their
unique and valued perspective on the business. This close-knit team works in a fast paced, spirited and friendly atmosphere and its members are considered strategic partners in delivering solutions to the front line (Investments, Treasury, Tax, Internal Audit and Executive Offices).
The most successful candidates demonstrate strategic thinking, leadership, aggressive drive, problem solving, and an aptitude for engineering quality software on a daily basis.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Minimum 3 years of work experience with application development technologies such as SQL- (SSIS & SSRS) and .NET
* Outstanding written/verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated interest in continual professional development
* Work experience in data warehouse development and analysis preferred
* Experience with trading and investment systems such as Bloomberg and Geneva would be preferred
Location: US: NY: New York
Loews Corporation - 17 months ago
Loews Corporation is one of the largest diversified holding companies in the United States, with five operating subsidiaries.