3PD is currently looking for an Application Developer for an exciting opportunity building cutting edge logistics software in ASP.Net and nHibernate. The Application Developer develops information systems by designing, developing, and deploying enterprise wide software solutions. The solutions will include a heavy reliance on database technologies and browser based user interfaces for the logistics industry. The application developer must be able to conceptualize system wide designs that expand current solutions with minimal disruption to user community. The application developer must be able to work with multiple projects on a priority basis with minimal supervision and a moderate level of ambiguity. Job Duties:
3PD offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life & AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage. 3PD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Develop enterprise wide solutions that address specific problem definitions, requirements and legacy code.
- Develop new enterprise wide solutions that address specific business needs given business requirements and architectural direction.
- Develops solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, clear code and demonstrations.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and performance issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed. Skills Required:
- The ability to develop data intensive solutions in a Microsoft Windows environment utilizing Microsoft and open source tools with a preference to Microsoft based tools.
- The ability to fully document concepts, designs and solutions.
- The ability to analyze and extend legacy software to meet new business needs.
- The ability to analyze database structures and procedures for performance and security concerns.
- The ability to work with geographically diverse teams in order to provide solutions in an agile team.
- The ability to quickly learn very complex multi-functional software applications TRAVEL EXPECTATIONS Although travel needs vary depending on business conditions, we require that every Software Engineer be willing to travel up to 10% of each month. Typical trips last 1-2 days. Weekend travel may occasionally (but rarely) be required. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with a 3.0 GPA or better Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Proven experience with analyzing Information to provide enterprise wide solutions Proven experience with software design and documentation 4+ years of software development, debugging and testing including unit and performance testing Experience in Transportation, Logistics, or Warehousing preferred Experience working in an Agile development process preferred Experience working with Sparx Enterprise Architect preferred.
Bck ~ IT background
CareerBuilder - 21 months ago