Responsible for developing code in support of new application functionality or defect remediation according to design specifications. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with some latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Codes and documents software programs in accordance with design specifications.
2) Provides guidance to application developers.
3) Creates unit and integration test plans.
4) Performs unit and integration testing.
5) Participates in peer code reviews.
6) Supports application deployment.
7) Understands IS Security measures and current standards, practices and technology.
Experience developing .NET applications, both thick client and web based applications required. Experience with Oracle database systems including the fundamentals of database design and advanced SQL query ability required.
1) Experience with software development methodologies, the software development lifecycle (SDLC), and best practices.
2) IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) exposure is desired.
3) Experience working in teams.
4) Proficiency with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
5) Proficiency with MS Office.
6) Exercises problem solving and creativity when developing code, to create efficient, reusable software, which results in minimal maintenance.
7) Basic communications (oral and written and interpersonal) skills. Proven ability to develop effective relationships with peers and first level management.
8) A Masters degree may be used to offset one year of experience; PhD may offset two years of experience.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant curriculum; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.4 years experience in IT applications to include design, development, test, and maintenance experience in mainframe or server based technologies or two (2) years specific SAP system configuration, development and deployment experience.
CTS International - 7 months ago