Under direct supervision, with latitude for independent initiative and judgment, develop new modules and applications and maintain and enhance existing applications using ASP.NET and VB .NET (Web, Windows and Mobile) in a Windows' environment.
• Work with a team of developers and project managers in a full software development life cycle environment.
• Develop and implement software solutions in a .NET platform environment using Visual Studio 2010.
• Perform application testing and validation and develop system documentation.
• Create and implement SQL stored procedure.
Minimum Qual Requirements
(1) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and one (1) year of satisfactory fulltime computer software experience in computer systems development and analysis, applications programming, database administration, systems programming or data communications; or
(2) A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five (5) years of full-time satisfactory computer software experience as described in “1” above; or
(3) A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in "2" above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. In addition, twenty-four (24) semester credits from an accredited college or graduate school in computer science or a related field, or a certificate of at least 625 hours in computer programming from an accredited technical school (post high school), may be substituted for one year of experience. However, all candidates who attempt to qualify under option “3” must have at least a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and at least two years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience as described in “1” above.
To receive credit, all college credits in computer science or a related computer field and/or the certificate in computer programming must be listed in Section A.6 on page 2 of the Education and Experience Test Paper.
Some examples of unacceptable experience are: End users of a computer system, program or software package; experience in the areas of computer technical support, computer operations; data entry/data retrieval; pure quality assurance (QA) auditing and
analysis; hardware installation; help desk; teaching; telecommunications; experience in productivity software products (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software, etc.); superficial use of preprogrammed software without
complex programming, design and implementation.
1. Driver license valid in New York State.
2. Solid experience in application development both in the client-server and n-tier environments.
3. Knowledge of web-based and server-side .NET development using ASP.NET, VB.NET, ADO.Net and HTML.
4. Experience with MS SQL Server 2008 and stored procedures.
5. Strong communication, analysis and problem solving skills.
6. Experience with web services design and development in .NET environment.
7. Good working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts and basic data structures.
8. Ability to meet deadlines, identify issues and resolve with minimal direction.
9. Self-motivated and able to work both independently and in conjunction with team members.
10. Certifications such as MCTS, MCPD a plus.
Note: Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
1) Apply through Employee Self Service (ESS) under Recruiting Activities
2) Search for Job ID# 117300
For all other applicants:
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID# 117300
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
NYC Careers - 17 months ago