Dewberry is currently seeking an Applications Developer to become part of our Geospatial and Technology Service Group in Fairfax, VA. This individual will support enterprise and cloud implementations of geospatial applications for the web, desktop, and mobile uses. Join one of the largest geospatial practices in the country that offers constantly evolving and innovative solutions for federal, state, and local government clients.
- Participate in requirements and design of geospatial, database, and other applications, including documentation of needs and proposed architecture
- Development of web, mobile, and desktop geospatial, database, and other applications
- Strategizing implementation, including resource scheduling, deployment procedures, and testing
- Prepare technical documents and reports for management
Required Skills & Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems or related field
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with geospatial and/or database software development is preferable.
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience with application level protocols (HTTP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, FTP, RPC, PPTP, IPSec).
- Experience with web programming (e.g., HTML, client side scripting, AJAX).
- Excellent writing and verbal communication
- Must be willing to travel if required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
*Assist with Flex migration to HTML5.
*Dewberry is an equal
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.