The Application Developer is responsible for managing,maintaining and creating new applications and systems that will be compatible with existing systems on a modern development platform. This position designs, codes, unit tests, debugs, documents and supports the application in a manner consistent with established specifications and business requirements and working on a systems development team consisting of a PM, BA, DBA, Reporting Data Analyst and occasionally ColdFusion developers.
- Act as a well-rounded technical subject matter expert for the systems development team
- Design, create, modify, test, debug and implement custom code based upon the .Net development platform
- Develop stand-alone solutions as well as integration packages
- Work within the network framework and existing applications, servers, services and systems within the company
- Interface and collaborate with other staff members on projects
- Modify existing programs and create new ones
- Write and develop test scripts and protocols.
- Perform complex systems analysis and programming activities, including hands-on coding, that may require research.
- Design user interface mockups.
- Act as a lead developer for a team, when augmented resources are brought in to architect, build, and deploy the next generation of applications.
- Provide production support as needed and work with other team members as a technical advisor to solve new and existing technical issues.
- Perform advanced, complex troubleshooting and issue resolution tasks, as well being a resource for technical issue escalation.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Leverage SDLC best practices and ensure architectural alignment.
- Maintain data and application integrity during application enhancements.
- Evaluate and recommend other tools & technologies for integration into the overall stack.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned by Dimont & Associates.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 3-5 years significant development experience required with C#, ASP.NET and an understanding of object oriented development concepts and relational database/data structures. Ability to interpret functional specifications, as well as ability to document technical or functional specifications.
- Experience designing and developing and testing customer facing, high-performance ASP.NET web applications and services.
- History of architecting web-based applications using Microsoft technologies
- Extensive experience with SQL Server as developer and architect. Ability to design and write stored procedures
- Thorough understanding of web application security and web application performance optimization
- Demonstrated experience in developing C#/ .NET applications
- Solid understanding of application security and information security with experience in designing secure applications.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with C#, SharePoint preferred. Microsoft certification a plus
- Experience with workflow software, such as K2, and products such as MVC.NET and NHibernate strongly preferred
- Hands on experience delivering during each phase of the development cycle, including Analysis, Design, Coding, Unit Testing and Integration.
- Familiarity with SharePoint a big plus.
- Must have an organized work style and be methodical problem solver.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, independent worker with ability to follow through.
- Self-starter with minimal supervisor while multi-tasking and prioritizing several concurrent projects.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure in a fast paced work environment with many projects and clients.
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to see the interrelationship of software and understand "the big picture".
Dimont & Associates - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Dimont & Associates has remained a leader for insurance claims processing for over 16 years. Founded by attorney, Bernie Dimont, we are...