Dow Jones is seeking an Application Developer to provide design, development and support to the various products, components and services developed and managed by the team.
The successful candidate will be an information technology specialist with experience in web technologies who can work with minimal supervision. The work includes architecture, design and development of web applications. The right candidate would be someone who stays abreast of new and emerging web application technologies.
This person will be joining an excellent development team and will have the responsibility to extend a set of existing applications and to build a set of new tools, programs and interfaces.
· Develop dynamic web application prototypes using XHTML - CSS provided by the creative designer.
·Participate in the usability reviews and testing of the prototypes.
· Develops code to meet the product requirements and to comply with the industry standards.
·Participates in business analysis, systems analysis/consulting and systems design.
· Coding style that follows standard guidelines and tools.
·Proven good judgment when it comes to implementing design.
·Builds and executes rigorous and thorough testing plans for software.
·Applies current software engineering methods/practices.
·Must have 5-7 .Net Web Development experience
·Must have 5-7 years of very strong experience in building rich web applications using cutting-edge technologies. Must have client-side Web UI development and understanding of the differences between browsers.
·Must have 5 or more years experience in working hand-on in AJAX technologies, XHR - not limited to Microsoft AJAX (Update Panel, Script Manager). Clear understanding of the inner workings of AJAX Technologies
·Experience in CruiseControl.net, Continuous Builds, NuGet
·Understanding of various techniques for making cross-domain requests.
·Proficiency in using client side debugging tools like Firebug, IE Developer Toolbar, Fiddler.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, and to collaborate with other technical & business groups
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a project team. In depth knowledge in implementing business system solutions with regard to application architectures, development tools and application engineering methods/practices.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
·Ability to work both independently and as a part of a project team
·Detail oriented and quality focused.
·Must be able to excel in a team environment.
·Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
News Corporation - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
This company covers the news from Wall Street to Main Street. Dow Jones & Company is a leading provider of news and information with a...