Use your talent with web development to help us implement web mapping components with our clients’ applications. This position offers a diverse range of responsibilities that affect real-world decisions for multiple industries, governments, and organizations.
- Work closely with other developers and product engineers to design and develop public-facing web mapping sites for the management, manipulation, and visualization of spatial data
- Assist with application development estimating, planning, and progress tracking
- Write comprehensive technical specifications and support documentation
- Active and effective participation in various activities within the software development cycle
- Interface with customers to identify, develop, and implement custom components for ArcGIS Web API products
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, GIS, computer science, or a related field
- Comfort working in Microsoft or Java-based realms: operating systems and platforms (.NET, JEE), application servers (IIS, Tomcat), architecture, implementation patterns
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server, or other RDBMS
- Ability to solve any number of problems from code bugs to database connectivity to application server or operating system failures
- Willingness to travel domestically, primarily within the metropolitan DC region
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Experience with Esri software including ArcGIS for Server, ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS Online, or ArcGIS Runtime and their associated APIs or interfaces
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud
- Knowledge of IT security concepts such as SSL/TLS, tokens, hardened systems, PKI
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux OS
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at
. Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
Esri helps organizations map and model our world. Esri’s GIS technology enables them to effectively analyze and manage their...