TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Application Developer III (Jr. .Net) to join the Product Development team in Beaverton, Oregon.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communications skills, and the ability to successfully interact with fellow development team members and project managers on a daily basis. This person will participate in the architecture, design, development, and support of a suite of freight matching products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Designing, and developing reliable and maintainable applications in C#
- Developing corresponding NUnit tests and test harnesses
- Documenting software designs and project tasks
- Estimating project tasks and tracking actual results
- Reporting progress and issues to technical leads and project managers
- Reviewing functional requirements and analyzing their appropriateness and impact on the software to be built to meet them
- Participating in design and code reviews
Experience in the following technologies a plus:
- Thorough understanding of the .NET Framework, the C# language, ASP.NET.
- Knowledge of ASP.NET (both Web Forms and MVC).
- Commercial .NET and C# product development experience.
- Class design skills consistent with the Microsoft .NET Framework Design Guidelines.
- Experience with agile and test-driven development practices, including automated unit testing frameworks and continuous integration products.
- Experience designing and coding large-scale, high-volume, N-tier systems.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
- A passion for high quality results.
- Deep commitment to ongoing professional development and learning.
- Very high productivity and effective time management.
- Ability to accurately estimate tasks and track personal work.
- Ability to communicate accurate status to technical leads and project managers.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in application development with a deep working knowledge of the C# language, ASP.NET, Windows Forms, and the Microsoft .NET framework is required
- Pre-.NET Windows UI development (Win32 or MFC)
- Windows Presentation Foundation
- SQL Server 2000/2005, including stored procedures, views, and triggers
- XML technologies including Xpath and XSLT
- Windows Communication Foundation, SOAP, WSDL, and .NET XML Web Services