As a member of ARGO's solution development and customer implementation teams, Development Manager(s) participate in the full software development life cycle creating, maintaining, enhancing and implementing mission-critical software solutions for the financial services industry. Development Manager(s) are responsible for the timely completion of projects. They effectively focus team effort on the appropriate activities to complete projects on schedule and with high quality.
- Software Development Life Cycle experience.
- Developing complex applications using both proprietary and commercial available toolsets, such as Eclipse, SAP, Oracle, Visual Studio, etc.
- Using standard SQL to add, retrieve, and update data from large scale RDBMS solutions. Understanding of data modeling and indexing techniques.
- Familiarity and understanding of multi-tier applications using distributed network infrastructure for client, application, and data tier components.
- 3 - 5 years of managing development team experience, both local and distributed, of 2-5 teams of 3-10 members per team in both product development and product implementations and installations.
- Experience in software product company development highly desirable.
- PMI certification, or significant and demonstrable project management expertise, required.
- A development manager is accountable for all aspects of market readiness for their assigned product or component.
- Product versions and releases according to plan.
- Strategic roadmap(collaborating with Line of Business (LOB) Program Manager).
- Evaluation of product's market competitiveness (collaborating with LOB Program Manager).
- Detailed delivery plans including all aspects of the SDLC.
- LOB integration plans, if applicable.
- Knowledge transfer content.
- Version release plan.
- Product demo plans and whitepapers.
- Overall quality assessment.
- Product manufacturing deliverables.
- Product documentation.
- Manage and request resources to meet published plans.
- Build highly efficient development teams.
- Validate that all SDLC processes are being followed.
- Contribute to SDLC process improvement efforts.
- Identify resource training needs and communicate to career managers.
- Manage timesheet reporting associated with owned components to ensure correct timesheet entry.
- Communicate status, changes from published plans, escalate issues, and manage expectations for owned components.
- Schedule roadmap review and prioritization sessions.
- Be capable of providing customer presentation on owned components.
- Own the vendor relationship with 3rd party vendors necessary to support owned components including publishing testing plans to coincide with roadmaps.
- Providing input to RFI and RFP responses.
- Monitors and tracks accuracy of development estimates.
- Interfaces with all implementation project teams to coordinate common defects, incorporate enhancements, and understand future market needs.
- Manage career development for all LOB development leads regardless of assignment to product or implementation team.
- Provides input to career manager for performance management and career planning.
- Level 2 support.
- Responsible for performance reviews for all lead developers for their LOB (Programmer Analysts, Technical Implementation Specialists) including both product and implementation developers.
- Make compensation recommendations for lead developers and sets bonus plans.
- Responsible for maintaining career plans, evaluating core competencies, and recommending training for lead developers.
- Provide input to career managers on performance and training needs for junior developers.
- Must execute tasks within schedule timeframes, budgets and according to defined processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Computer Engineering desirable.
- Ability to travel if required up to 20%.
- Ability to work permanently in the U.S. without immediate or future sponsorship.
Founded in 1980, ARGO (www.argodata.com) is the premier source of technology-based solutions for America's financial institutions. Over 35 thousand financial centers rely on ARGO for their branch banking, payments, consumer, and commercial lending origination and processing needs. With unmatched configuration, implementation, and ongoing user support, ARGO solutions are an industry workhorse, processing over 65 million transactions daily. ARGO's products and solutions include teller transaction and loan processing, automated loan decisioning, analytical science analysis, workflow management, and sales and service.