A nationwide, publicly-traded company is seeking an Application Development Manager for a core division in Irvine, CA to help manage a team that will engineer and build the company's enterprise-wide product delivery platform. Primarily, the Software Development Manager will be focusing on the management of the architecture and development of new and existing core systems, with heavy focus on Web Services/WCF, XML, SOA, and related technologies. The position will report to the Technology Manager of the Southwest division and will be part of the team of building the applications and platform of the division.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Requirements:
- Manage the write code using C#.Net and other Microsoft technologies to build components of the products
- Mange code review of detail implementation with .NET development team
- Coordinates systems analysis and applications development activities through direct and indirect staff
- Directs development teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning, and standard development practices
- Participates in budgeting and capital equipment processes and quality improvement activities for the development organization
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner and has an expert-level knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing, and implementing systems analysis and applications development projects and programs
- Manage/assist in producing architecture (software and hardware) artifacts for company's line of products development and enhancement based on .NET and SQL Server technologies
- Manage the production of software design, technical specification based on approved architecture
- Manage critical pieces of software on any important architecture, e.g., reusable proof-of-concept
- Implement the company's product development methodology in the development environment to ensure an iterative process is followed
- Deliver products within an aggressive timetable
We are unable to provide employment sponsorship and cannot consider H1B candidates.
- 10 + years of IT and business work experience
- 5 + years of experience in managing teams in software engineering, systems analysis, software QA and related functions
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Deep technical understanding of XML, Web Services/WCF, SOA, and related technologies
- Experience with utilizing Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Team System as a tool for Application Lifecycle Management is a plus
- Must have development management experience of a team developing multi-function, large-scale enterprise software
- Must have experience with implementing and utilizing iterative product development methodologies; the following methodologies will be considered: RUP, SCRUM, Agile, or other iterative processes
- Candidates with experience in building an enterprise-wide product delivery platform will be highly considered
- Candidates will have experience in managing an outsourced, overseas project
- Candidates will have experience in managing teams across different geographic locations
Only Southern California candidates will be considered.
Please submit resumes in MS Word format.
tags: manager of application development, software development manager, manager of software development, manager of software engineering, software engineering manager, software manager
AbleForce,Inc - 16 months ago