1. Experience with installation, configuration and tuning of Apache, Tomcast, WebLogic, and/or JBoss.
2. Experience with Solaris or Linux system administration, engineering and architecture.
3. Understanding of TCP/IP Networking including OSI Model and basic UNIX system level network troubleshooting skills.
4. Script development with bash and/or Perl is a plus but not required.
5. Software development experience using Java is a plus but not required
6. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
7. Strong oral and written communication skills are required. Must be extremely comfortable giving both planned and impromptu presentations and handling a constant barrage of questions from both technical and non-technical cross functional teams.
8. Must be a strong “self-starter” who is able to think and work independently, seek out new sources of information, develop new skills, take responsibility for testing new designs, and champion new ideas while remaining a cooperative, communicative, collegial, and helpful member of a team.
9. Must be comfortable working in a team environment. Requires BS/BA in related discipline; 5-8 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and 3-5 years of experience in related field.
Avionsystems - 23 months ago