The successful candidate will serve as the technical contact for our representatives, customer, and District/Regional Managers, promote the product lines, handle marketing functions, determine and quote solutions (products) to customer applications, and prepare orders for operations. The technical response provided by the technical sales department is the primary technical advantage we have over our competition.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to:
- Design agitation equipment to meet customer and representative problem descriptions, provide custom design, delivery, and pricing of special components, develop processes to improve day to day activities, develop installation lists and design guidelines for specific customer applications.
- Respond to technical questions from reps and customers.
- Review Customer specifications and terms and conditions.
- Provide accurate order reviews and write-ups to order entry/design and drafting/operations and address any manufacturing or design issues with the rep/customer to resolve discrepancies and keep job on track.
- Resolve customer service issues for process and mechanical problems which may arise.
- Provide technical training and seminars to representatives and customers and perform laboratory tests on customers’ materials to optimize equipment selection.
- Identify opportunities for improving processes using Lean tools.
We are searching for a candidate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering. Excellent presentation skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, and the ability to define problems and draw conclusions are a must in this role. Preferred candidate will have a background in customer service. The successful candidate will be a detail oriented and effective communicator with a bias for action that allows for winning the order.
Robbins & Myers, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job