George Konik Associates has partnered with a global company that provides advanced, open automation products. These products are based upon proven industrial technologies so that manufacturers and machine builders can implement high performance control systems faster and at a lower overall cost than traditional PLC and motion control systems. The company has been a long-time proponent of open controls architectures, full system interoperability, seamless machine-to-machine communication and lean automation solutions. The company’s “New Automation Technology” product range includes PC-based control, Industrial PCs, Embedded PCs, automation controllers, operator interfaces, I/O compatible with over 15 different fieldbuses, EtherCAT (next generation Ethernet fieldbus technology), servo drives and motors. Sales and service are handled directly, with no intermediaries involved to provide faster responses and highly accessible technical support. Duties include: · Teach standard training courses to customers on the fundamentals of specific hardware
and TwinCAT software. · The standard class lineup includes: o TR1010
Hardware troubleshooting and startup – Industrial PCs, Fieldbuses, I/O, Servo Drives and Motors o TR1020
PLC Software, TwinCAT Scope View, IEC 61131-3, Arrays, Structures, and Enumerations o TR2020
Advanced Motion Control – Coupling Axes, Flying Saw, and Cam Tables · Assist in the development of new training material for new hardware and software. · Create and maintain technical documentation, and course curriculum · Develop and deliver technical presentations on new features and product updates. · Maintain current knowledge of new products and applications through self-study, hands-on testing at simulators and customer visits.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Electrical discipline with 5-10 years of relevant experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. · Must have experience in programming and troubleshooting machine control systems using IEC 61131-3 software with a focus on motion control.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide training and demos to customers.
- Ability to travel up to 25% for on-site customer training within the United States.
- Ability to develop and maintain in-depth, up-to-date technical knowledge.
- Visual Studio programming experience is a plus. Company offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package along with a fun and engaging work environment.
George Konik Associates - 2 years ago