Under general supervision perform independent evaluation, selection and application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria using judgment in making changes and modifications in design and material. Plan and perform research, design, testing and development of assignments. Troubleshoot by investigating problems related to product performance or production difficulties.
· Determine seal designs for customers and build prototype models for test and evaluation.
· Approve both detailed and proposed seal designs.
· Approve new or revised drawings assuring that drawings meet latest engineering standards.
· Analyze, evaluate and rectify mechanical seal failures.
· Perform and monitor the testing of mechanical seal designs.
· Approve dimensional or material deviation requests on components manufactured by the company or suppliers.
· Initiate new and revised current standard seal parts lists, typical drawings and master sheets.
· Communicate orally and in writing with customers, salespeople, company personnel and vendors providing counseling, recommendations and technical assistance.
· Recommend new standards and policies on seal components and manufacturing and the detailing of those components.
· Observe and report performance test results; collect and evaluate performance data from customers and sales personnel.
· Prepare reports and recommendations to management and assist in developing department practices and policies.
· Meet with customers in plant or at customer’s site to discuss, analyze and resolve field problems or perform seal installation.
· Forecast requirements and lead time to meet customer and departmental objections.
· Meet with vendors at vendor’s site to inspect or follow-up manufacturing specifications.
· Additional duties and responsibilities will vary based upon departmental needs.
MINIMUM REQURIEMENTS FOR ENTRY:
Requires a BSME or equivalent with working knowledge of personal computing and one year computer-assisted equipment experience. Requires four to six years work experience to include mechanical engineering and manufacturing methods to obtain sufficient knowledge and background to assume responsibilities involved.
John Crane - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard