Reports To: Service Manager
Job Reference Code: MMU-007
Job Type / Location: Full Time / Office
− CNC programmer; set up and program Matsuura Machines which are Vertical, Horizontal, 5 Axis high-end machining center.
Position primary responsibilities:
− Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and set up requirements.
− Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for machining
− Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, and fixtures
− Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
− Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required
− Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications
− May complete First Article and New Part Introduction processes
− Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data
− Verifies dimensions and alignment of parts
− Uses G codes to move multiple axes
− May install replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
− Confers with engineers, machinists, production managers or others to resolve machining or yield problems.
− Participate in the continuous review of out machining processes, focusing on opportunities for improvement in productivity, quality, and cost reduction.
− Demonstrates independent decision making skills on day to day production tasks but also team player
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of recent experience as a CNC Machinist/Programmer AND in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of G/M Codes
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Words, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Basic Math skills with ability to convert American Standard to metric
- Strong communication skill in both verbal and written
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Willing to travel in domestic and international if assigned
Please send your cover letter and resume to
- Vision required in the job includes close vision and reading a computer screen and digital tools
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs, bend and lift, stand at work station for long periods. May be required to stoop, climb stars, kneel, crouch or crawl
Matsuura Machinery USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Monster - 18 months ago