Company Description :|
This company sells a full line of precision, sheet metal fabricating equipment including CNC turret punch presses, lasers, press brakes, shears, flexible manufacturing systems and software. It has provided American industry with a steady stream of innovative, productivity enhancing sheet metal machines since its inceptions. They have accomplished this by carefully listening to the customer, and then engineering and building machine tools that solve their fabrication needs. Markets served include: Aerospace, Air Conditioning, Appliance, Buses, Computers, Electronics, Farm Equipment, Gaming Industry, Medical Equipment, Metal Office Equipment, Restaurant Equipment and Telecommunications. Established in 1971, this companyâs territory consists of 11 regions, servicing all 50 states, in addition to Mexico, Central America, Venezuela, Columbia and the Caribbean.
Position Profile: CNC (Laser) Applications Engineer
With minimal supervision, provides functional and technical support to Sales Engineers and demonstrates machine functions in Company Facility and at Trade Shows. Performs time studies, tool selections, and demonstrations in the company facility. Makes preparations for shows (on and off site), operates machinery during the show. Maintains the General Fabrication area and work area in âready-to-showâ condition.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Analyze customers machine and tooling requirements based on information provided by Sales personnel or directly from customers.
- Generate programs used to operate Amada machinery.
- Provide data on machine run times using computer and machine generated time studies.
- Organize and order tooling and materials used for customer demonstrations and shows.
- Fabricate demonstration parts to show the capabilities of Amada equipment.
- Summarize and report methods, materials, and tools used in fabrication of demonstration parts.
- Machine installation, trouble-shooting, and teardown.
- Clean-up, maintenance, and organization of materials and tooling.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned by Management.
- Mechanical ability and sheet metal experience preferred.
- IBM PC familiarity, with knowledge of CAD/CAM software preferred.
- Some knowledge of CNC Punching Equipment/Punching process preferred.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints.
- Detailed oriented.
- Excellent English language/communication skills (verbal and written) are required. Depending upon product/region, foreign language skills may be required.
Regular travel required. Depending upon product/region, the ability to travel internationally may be required. Travel requirements are dependent upon department/customer need.
From: Occasional (3 to 5 times per year).
To: Frequent (10 to 15 times per year).
- Ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Ability to accept and follow instructions.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude.
LIFTING: Weight Range: 10-75 lb. Frequency: Daily
Requires ability to bend, lift, stoop, reach, stand, crawl, and climb.
Salary in the 45K+ range (DOE), Typical Health and Dental Plan.
Haley Marketing Group - 9 months ago
SOAR Consulting specializes in military transition jobs, matching transitioning junior military officers (JMOs) and enlisted leaders and tec...