This position will provide support to the corporate sales office for all electronic and non-CSS products. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring all design drawings and specifications meet the need of the proposal for which the sales representative is providing to the customer. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring proposals and bids are within standard pricing guidelines. In addition, gives technical assistance to the Sales Representatives as necessary. Organizational Relationship: This position will work closely with the Sales Representatives, Project Managers and office staff. There are no direct reports to this position. Key Result Area: Design Development 50%; Proposal Development 20%; Customer Support 20%; Team Support 10% Specific Responsibilities: 1. Design electronic access systems involving access control, CCTV, burglary, and other security products as needed. Responsible for the drawings, procedures, cost estimates and equipment lists. This work will be completed for end-users as well as contract construction representatives. 2. Work with sales representatives to complete system design and drawings for accurate submittals to the customer. This will include developing designs, product specifications, design work, and product pricing quotations and submittal packages for delivery to the end users. 3. Support department product knowledge by maintaining catalog and product information library ensuring that all data is current, attending trade shows, and researching market trends against what is currently being offered our customers. 4. Perform high level training sessions as necessary. Interact with end users via phone and/or in person to gather information regarding the specifications to be produced, resolve problems and perform basic training to troubleshoot problems. 5. Support sales representatives on application specific jobs and product information. This may, at times, include attending sales presentations with the sales representatives. 6. Performs other duties as assigned by the manager to support department goals. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Skills or experience with personal computers, including electronic E-mail, personal scheduling, word processing and electronic spreadsheet skills. |
• Strong knowledge of networks and networking
• Knowledge of CAD
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Office Suites
• Knowledge of PC configuration and peripherals
• Ability to understand how to wire panels and equipment to recognized standards
• Knowledge of field installation and applications including door hardware, methods (life safety, codes etc.)
• Ability to be creative and resourceful in obtaining solutions to uncommon applications
• A valid state driver’s license, without restrictions, is required for this position
• Ability to convey instructions verbally to lay end users and knowledgeable technicians
• Ability to effectively work independently or in a team atmosphere
• Excellent time Management skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities is required
• A strong customer service orientation is required Education/Experience:
• Associates degree in Electronic Technology, Computer Science Technology, or related field
• 5 years experience working with electronics and/or application software
• 8 years systems integration experience
• Certififications in multiple Access Control and Video solutions. Key Dimensions:
• Financial Scope:
• Technical Knowledge and Skills
• Initiating Action
• Formal Presentation
• Continuous Improvement
• Customer Orientation Functional Requirements:
• Must be able to manipulate a computer keyboard
• Must be able to verbally communicate via telephone.
• Must have the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
• Must have good vision with the ability to adjust to focus and use close vision.
• Must have color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
• Must possess a valid state Driver’s License.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history...