Work Location: Madison, Wisconsin
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Application & Integration Architect
Responsible for architecting and overseeing conceptual and detailed solution designs to meet business and enterprise architecture objectives while driving the solution portfolio toward future state. Leverage and extend best practices and patterns for designs and integrations that are flexible, maintainable and cost efficient for business and IT.
Responsible for conceptual and detailed solution design documentation and facilitation of requirements and solution design discussions.
Under the direction of Information Technology Management and the Lead Enterprise Architect, provide strategic direction to the forward looking function of managing the IT Information, Application and Infrastructure Architecture Roadmap. Operate with a 1-3 year view of technology direction and develop roadmaps for this timeframe based on business and customer needs, technology trends and innovation. Research and evaluate the suitable processes and technologies which fit the strategic Enterprise Architecture. Develop, install, monitor, maintain and govern the use of best practices and standards in support of Information, Infrastructure and Application Architecture. Prioritize and guide the basic and applied research of existing and emerging information technologies to assess their impact on enterprise technology needs. Provide training, mentoring and support to IT Professionals and business decision makers engaged in the Enterprise Technology Roadmap process. Act as Project Leader for one or more phases of small to large projects.
Responsible for the interpretation of business strategy, industry trends, business market forces and IT strategy in order to design conceptual models on which applications are based; defines a structure on which applications or infrastructures are being built and implemented.
Responsible for determining the direction of enterprise technology and architecture to ensure that it meets current and future needs of the business. Includes the authority to approve technology direction decisions which have significant budget impact.
Responsible for assessing the total cost of ownership, strategic impact relative to business value and return on investment of technology decsions and approve of the extension and evolution of the technical and application architecture.
1. Develop and maintain the Enterprise Architecture roadmaps and reference architecture articulating the direction for enterprise architecture to guide the organization in achieving a cost effective, efficient integration of applications and data, innovative use of technology for business purpose and providing flexible and extensible business solutions. Assess and adopt industry best practices for enterprise architecture frameworks, tools, standards and guidelines, and reference architectures and roadmaps to integrate business capabilities across the enterprise. Define infrastructure, security, application, data and integration standards, guidelines and best practices.
2. Participate in architecture process reviews with the purpose of providing guidance and governance as well as mentoring and coaching of IT staff on the Enterprise Architecture. Work with 3rd party vendors to ensure consistency with methodologies, controls, and documentation standards. Guide application areas in developing appropriate system technical maturity cycle planning. Actively participate in or lead business requirements definition and perform systems analysis and design in translating business requirements into technical direction. Assist IT project teams in engaging in the interpretation of business strategy and development of conceptual and technical architectures. Perform cross domain design and integration reviews of in-house and vended applications to ensure adherence to CUNA Mutual s Enterprise Architecture standards and best practices. Identify risks, opportunities, compliance issues or architectural concerns and make recommendations accordingly.
3. Lead applied research, evaluation and selection of technologies and methodologies which support the stated business objectives of CUNA Mutual Group and align with the Enterprise Architecture.
4. Provide direction, technical guidance, support and training to professional IT staff on Enterprise Architecture processes
5. proactively identify, execute, communicate and support Enterprise Architecture improvement ideas.
6. The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned as needed.
1. BS in MIS or CS or equiv trade-off in related education and related professional work experience.
2. 7 years IT work experience with the most recent 36 months as lead analyst or technical consultant or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience with demonstrated achievement and progressive responsibilities and meet goals including experience in application and/or infrastructure design, analysis, and integration.
3. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate business and technical information, both verbally and in writing and effectively mediate in situations where conflict arises and understands how and when to escalate issues to the appropriate levels within the organization.
4. Ability to understand business requirements and translate into architectural deliverables. Demonstrated skills in
translating business requirements into technical specifications, project management and providing technical leadership to IT Professional staff.
5. Knowledge of data, security, infrastructure and programming concepts.
6. Demonstrated ability to interpret and assess industry technology trends for applicability to the needs business of CUNA Mutual Group. Proven capacity to independently and proactively assess and assimilate industry-wide technology trends and emerging capabilities.
7. Problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively with other departments to meet complex business needs. Proven ability to collaborate and work horizontally throughout a complex organization including exposure across IT including, infrastructure, networking, security, data management, and application development.
8. Ability to manage multiple priorities, follow a project plan and meet project deliverables.
9. Demonstrated working knowledge of CUNA Mutual Group or similar current working Infrastructure processes and practices, current technical architecture, knowledge of SOA and Web Services, security principles, a standard development life cycle and design skills that apply to several technologies including database, application, hosting solution and infrastructure security design.
10. High level of proficiency demonstrated in a business environment with the last 3 years in at least 1 of the following Enterprise Architecture Domains which fits the specific job:
a) Information Architecture: data storage and querying technologies, along with the policies, procedures and best practices supporting data warehouse, business intelligence and operational data capabilities.
b) Application Architecture: application design, development and testing technologies along with the policies, procedures and best practices that support the creation of business application solutions. Application portfolio management, reuse and component direction.
c) Infrastructure Architecture: technologies, policies, procedures and best practices that support CUNA Mutual's specific hardware, operations, transport, and storage needs.
11. Demonstrated skills in translating business requirements into technical specifications, project management and
providing technical leadership to IT Professional staff.
Job Specific Requirements:
12. Prior insurance industry experience helpful.
We need people with a common purpose and an uncommon commitment to help build CUNA Mutual – a dynamic and growing company with a culture of performance, high standards, and defined values.
Our company’s history is founded on an unparalleled commitment to the markets we serve. Today, our people are engaged, rewarded for performance, and making a difference for our customers and our community. And our future is based on our people – people driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement, and hard work.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Information Technology, Project Management
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: SPK20133101-36660
CUNA Mutual Group - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard