Align the functionality of complex Enterprise Applications with organizational business needs. Ensure that the Application results in significant process improvements. Essential Functions:
1) Collaborate with functional area management and end-users to develop and document detailed business requirements.
2) Assist in the development of Application Integration plans based on business needs and current information infrastructure.
3) Work with Business Unit Team to establish business requirements into Application specifications, including user interfaces, inputs, input validation rules, processing logic and outputs.
4) Define the Applications interface requirements with Legacy Information Systems.
5) Interface with vendor and Corporate I/T personnel to ensure that the Applications functionality is delivered in accordance with specified requirements.
6) Develop detailed test scripts and conduct rigorous tests to ensure that the Application functionality and performance are in compliance with business requirements.
7) Monitor application failures and develop recovery tools.
8) Develop all documentation necessary to the proper use of the application: user guides, operating procedures, etc.
9) Assist end-users with the day-to-day use of the application and ensure that operating procedures are communicated, understood and complied with.
10) Investigate end-user issues and provide detailed documentation to help Vendors and Corporate I/T staff troubleshoot and resolve problems in a timely, cost-effective manner. Maintain problem logs
11) Keep abreast of new system development & integration strategies, practices and technologies. Make recommendations as appropriate.
1) Support the development of application interfaces with online analytical processing systems, such as COGNOS.
2) Maintain current application-related information on the corporate intranet (FAQs, process maps, troubleshooting guides, etc.)
3) Develop and maintain web based tools as required.
1) Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and the use of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) for applications development.
2) Demonstrate knowledge of how data works within the Materials Organization and Manufacturing in order to provide information to the business unit.
SQL (Structured Query Language) preferred, VBA and MS Office Suiute required.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.Three (3) years of demonstrated proficiency in software applications development.
CTS International - 5 months ago