Develop operation cycle for washers and dryers to meet performance and efficiency requirements.
Plan and execute performance and functional tests to verify compliance to national and international standards.
Develop functional algorithms for washer and dryer operation.
Key operational responsibilities
- Use statistical tools to plan experiments and analyze results;
- Lead and execute test set up;
- Lead and execute test and experiments;
- Provide constructive feedback in regards product performance and functionality to internal partners such as Product Architecture Governance Centre (PAGC), Regional product Development (RPD), and GTD. Provide improvement and innovation proposals;
- Elaborate test plan schedule in order to maximize resource usage and prevent schedule conflict;
- Support lab equipment maintenance, calibration and acquisition;
- Support the internal network of global and regional laboratories and an external common network of recognized laboratories for the test activities, measurements and calibrations and assure alignment on test methodologies across the different regions;
- Support analysis and action plan to improve product ranking on consumers institutes;
- Ensure compliance with test standards; Represent Company in test standardization committees.
- Collaborate with Universities, Test Institutes, Test Standard Organizations, and Detergent manufacturers looking for resource creation opportunities, building meaningful alliances and network, and to keep updated on most recent trends.
Product Development Lab Manager
• Mechanical, or electronic, or chemical engineering degree.
• Knowledge of laboratory equipments, data acquisitions system, testing procedures and evaluations of results;
• Knowledge of national and international standards;
• Knowledge of statistical design of experiment;
• Fabric Care product knowledge is a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Electrolux Home Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.