Information Technology | Woodland Hills, CA, United States
The Applications Operations Engineer performs ongoing application support by diagnosing and resolving issues, maintaining applications, and evaluating and recommending options for improving performance, maintainability and operability. This position supports the Operations team by developing system operations methods and procedures, providing application subject matter expertise and implementing applications monitoring and management tools and techniques.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides 24/7 application support & incident management for production applications.
- Debugs and troubleshoots operations processes to resolve defects.
- Implementation of monitoring agents and the development of meaningful alerts and escalation procedures
- Management of application build and deployment processes.
- Management of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes for application.
- Implementation of improved operational processes.
- Reviews product requirements and architecture to understand and implement operational standards and capabilities.
- Perform impact analysis & capacity modeling.
- Document operational procedures.
- Research, design, develop and implement solutions for fault tolerance, performance enhancement, capacity optimization, and configuration management for applications.
- Proactively stay abreast of the latest technologies, including products and their underlying technologies.
- Designs, develops and implements tools to maintain the application platform, and provide information for our Technical Support team.
- Interface with Development & QA teams to resolve 'in code' issues.
- Maintain a high degree of involvement with Infrastructure teams regarding application needs or repercussions of infrastructure changes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- System administration level knowledge of Windows.
- Experienced with system monitoring tools
- Strong scripting experience to produce solutions and perform troubleshooting.
- Strong grasp of Internet network concepts, protocols and associated services (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP/SFTP, , DNS, NFS, CIFS, WS-MAN).
- Understanding of load balancing, clustering, and web caching technologies.
- Experience using version control and issue tracking systems.
- Experience with multi-tier application administration in a production environment.
- Strong, methodical troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of SDLC practices, including requirements gathering, design, impact analysis, implementation, testing, deployment, remediation and operation.
- Ability to maintain own workflow, prioritizes with respect to departmental or organizational priorities, and complete work with minimal supervision. Requires strong organizational habits and time management.
- Ability to provide off-hours operational support.
- Follows IT industry trends and developments. Will be leaned on for new ideas on process and product recommendations.
- Outstanding problem solving skills and attention to detail, including the ability to think creatively about issues to and intellectual curiosity to find a resolution.
- Positive, self-starter attitude and desire to deal with ambiguity and exceed expectations through focus on quality work at every opportunity.
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills used to help Infrastructure and Technical Support teams
- Well-organized, process driven with the ability to multi-task and work alone or in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and retain positive relationships.
BlackLine Systems - 11 months ago