Organization: Infrastructure Outsourcing
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job Title: Application Operations Specialist
People within Infrastructure Outsourcing are responsible for the day-to-day provision of long-term outsourcing services to one or several clients. I&MS is the ongoing management and/or improvement of activities related to a part or to the whole of a technical infrastructure (e.g. information systems, security systems, telecommunications networks), allowing companies to focus on their core business and competencies.
Our IO resources can expect to:
Incorporate skills which support the programming, management and maintenance services required to implement and support new installations or maintain and improve existing legacy systems for our clients.
Receive ongoing training to build and extend professional, technical and management skills in all area
Enjoy our comprehensive and generous benefits package
- Responsible for providing technical and functional support and providing resolution for technical issues for Navitaire Reservations customers.
- Develops and maintains internal applications for use in Support
- The focus is the delivery of a high quality customer experience
- Responsible for the overall health of hosted applications. This includes continuous improvement in SLA's through better monitoring, escalating bug fixes for correction and system tuning. Oversees change management activity in hosted client environments. Ensures successful recovery after application deployments and infrastructure maintenance.
- The Application Operations Specialist carries out activities to ensure the products are functioning to deliver the appropriate customer service -- this encompasses troubleshooting problems, maintaining user roles and permissions, maintaining and adding to other software applications, maintaining database and user interface structures
- Perform data mining activities in support of application development / support activities. Review Performance metrics for unusual variance.
- Resolve internal & external customer issues and provide on-site expertise on short notice when required. Escalate issues outside expertise to experts
- Research and test application problems, bugs, and user configurations
- Monitor, act and resolve issues with Production systems. Look for incident trends and propose proactive improvements.
- Maintain incident and problem information in the call tracking system
- Participate in on-call rotation during non-business hours for high severity issues
- Review service disruptions and ensure complete disruption reports are provided to the client.
- Participate in software upgrades and coordinate complex tasks within the team.
- Contribute information to problem solving areas (FAQs, etc.) by writing and reviewing publishable problems and solutions
Minimum of 3 years experience supporting applications.
Minimum of 3 years Application development or support experience .
Minimum of 3 years of complex troubleshooting in a mission critical production environment. (Airline industry exposure is a plus)
Minimum of 2 years of IT Customer Service/Problem Management Resolution experience
Minimum of 3 years experience with all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook)
Bachelors Degree preferably in IT/Engineering or equivalent work experience
Basic competency working in a client server environment
Windows Server Administration experience preferred.
Microsoft SQL Server or equivalent database experience required, specifically the ability to query and research data in a relational database model
Solid multi-tasking and problem resolution abilities
Strong verbal and written communication, customer service, account management and negotiation skills, with the ability to interface with a diverse set of clients
Ability to effectively and efficiently instruct and guide customers onsite, online and via telephone
Ability to manage own time effectively is a requirement for success
Quick learner with desire to learn new tools and techniques
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
- Problem Solving & Escalation Management
- Problem Management
- Technology Troubleshooting
- Operational Excellence
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Windows 2008
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accenture - 22 months ago
For Accenture, the accent is on helping businesses improve their performance. The world's largest consulting firm, Accenture offers a...