: Provide technical leadership and guidance in the development or support of proposed and existing information technologies.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Function as Technical Lead & role model on project assignments, demonstrating innovation and creativity for the development of business solutions
- Researching new or existing information technologies that will resolve complex business needs
- Interacting with IT customers and outside vendors
- Define business need, investigate and recommend a business solution
- Provide information technology expertise in the development and support of new or advanced concepts, applications, and techniques for equipment, networks, systems, and/or processes
- Initiate, evaluate and resolve information technology problems by providing appropriate technical guidance and assistance to others
- Creatively translate customer business needs into appropriate and effective IT solutions
- Maintain current knowledge in IT and concepts
- Recommend short-term and long-term plans for effectively managing and using corporate data
- Recommend policies and procedures to effectively utilize and ensure the integrity of IS standards, policies, and procedures
- Participate in ongoing professionals development activities to maintain and enhance technical skills, leadership skills, business knowledge, and knowledge of IS products and procedures
- May provide input into performance appraisals, budget preparation and new hire interviewing
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a business related field
- A minimum of 5 years of IT experience consisting of both technical and leadership responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new complex situations and be immediately productive.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills in motivating others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate IT theory into written business recommendations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Business oriented problem solving skills.
Subsidiaries of United Guaranty provide mortgage guaranty insurance throughout the U.S. that protects lenders against mortgage credit losses. In addition, United Guaranty's comprehensive range of financial products and services to lenders and investors includes structured products, innovative pricing options, and comprehensive online support. United Guaranty’s international locations include operations in Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, Sydney, London, Madrid, Milan, Budapest, and Mexico City.
Since 1963, United Guaranty has provided the best in insurance products and services to mortgage lenders and brokers of all sizes. And as...