PURPOSE: Designs, codes, tests, and/or maintains application programs and/or data interfaces of any complexity in a multi-vendor environment. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively advances knowledge of systems, applications, software, hardware and operations.
- Investigates the underlying structure, design, and interrelationship of the software applications and business objectives.
- Interacts with the users of the system in order to answer questions, identify problems, design projects, document and train.
- Analyzes user requirements to determine specifications, and the most efficient design approach for assigned project.
- Consults with other project members to determine possible internal program interactions.
- Designs assigned routines including development of flow charts. Recommends alternative design for performance efficiency and functionality.
- Codes and tests assigned routines using approved test specifications. Develops test specifications for the assigned project.
- Prepares concise technical, user and workflow documentation.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of improvements in programming techniques and applies.
- Learns skills necessary to perform basic system administration, in order to provide operational support and troubleshooting expertise.
- Performs research of new hardware and software for projects that includes a multi-vendor environment.
- Recommends use of alternative tools and techniques to constantly improve system design and efficiency.
- Provides initial estimates and plans for own work assignments.
- Works independently on routine tasks. Seeks assistance in complex assignments.
- Attends frequent design review with other team members on complex assignments.
- Strives to understand business implications of assigned projects, and their interaction with other projects.
- Assumes project leadership role as assigned.
- Takes initiative to handle crisis situations in an efficient manner. Reacts quickly to notify supervisor and other affected persons of potential problems/repercussions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Bachelor’s degree with a major in Information Systems, Computer Science or Business preferred.
Experience: Two (2) or more years of programming experience developing applications using VB.net. Work experience demonstrating initiative to improve program and system design and efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge using Microsoft Development tools.
- Knowledge using .NET.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with efficiency.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.