LongView is currently seeking experienced technical and functional professionals with DMLSS background.
Experience with The Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) Automated Information System (AIS) to directly support the DoD medical community's core mission-functional areas is a MUST.
The focused objective of the DMLSS program is to support the Military Health System (MHS) health care delivery mission by providing timely materiel, facilities, services, and information resources. This program automates critical medical logistics by standardizing hospital computer data inventory processes.
• Experience with DMLSS client/server system to supports logistics activities within MHS
• Working knowledge of DMLSS client workstations networks, to centralized database servers
- MUST HAVE PowerBuilder experience
• Experience with DMLSS Joint Medical Asset Repository (JMAR) component to provide asset visibility to the Global Combat Support System (GCSS) Family of Systems (FoS) authoritative source
• Ability to track and manage facility real property inventories, and promote standard administrative procedures.
• Experience with the DMLSS client applications to manage all local data processing, user interfaces, and data exports to other client-based Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software.
• Experience with DMLSS servers to respond to client requests for data, and manage and maintain the data requests in centralized databases.
• Experience with external interfaces to the DMLSS AIS legacy systems, commercial vendors, and DoD financial systems through Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
• Experience with DMLSS (V) 3.05 is the Web-enabled functionality for MHS logistics customer support
The Application Programmer is responsible for designing and testing program logic, coding programs, program documentation and preparation of programs for computer operations.
• Codes, tests, debug, documents and installs modified and new programs.
• Uses coding methods for specific programing language to enhance or initiate efficient program execution and performance and to reach optimum hardware utilization.
• Monitors production programs for expected performance and responds to errors and emergency problems.
• Works within specifications provided to meet programming assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
• Takes independent action to correct problems encountered during systems operations within authority level granted by I.T. manager.
• Maintains integrity of program logic and coding, and establishes required checks and balances for operational controls.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures and operating standards.
• Sits for extended periods of time.
• Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
• Works overtime as required.
• Assists in studying and analyzing data processing functions, methods and procedures and makes recommendations concerning the feasibility of revising existing programs or adapting new applications to data processing operations that will more effectively utilize MIS resources.
Must have ability to obtain National Agency Background Check Clearance and ability to work on-site at Ft. Detrick, MD.