Description of client project with internal or end customer (what is the customer doing):
VETS Inc is hiring qualified professionals to support a large Federal Civilian Agency to deliver an enterprise capability to satisfy business processes and applications that require authoritative source information to determine an individual’s eligibility for government benefits. The project will fulfill the needs integrated access to data for various internal and external stakeholders. Specifically the project scope is to develop, architect and manage web services and the associated framework consistently to reduce the duplication of effort and maintain consistency in the underlying platforms. In addition, it includes developing and maintaining the web services and integrating them into the frameworks. Further, activities include providing the architecture, development, governance, and environment configuration and control capabilities; web services development, integration and deployment; web services documentation.
VETS Inc., Alexandria
Describe the responsibilities of the position (what will the employee be doing):
- Conduct independent analysis, development and maintenance of software
- Modify and create special purpose software and ensure systems efficiency and integrity.
- Unit test, debug, and refine the software to produce the required product.
- Debug and refine software based on tester inputs.
- Participate in peer reviews of code.
- Participate in Scrum meetings.
- Support configuration management activities.
- Assist in preparation of releases and deployment activities.
J2EE/JEE including experience creating versioned, SOAP based Web Services
- Analysis, design, code and test complex applications (4 to 7 years) using the following.
soapUI (or equivalent testing tool)
Oracle with SQL
- Modify internal program applications and records
- Analyze and recommend methods of improving efficiency of existing applications
- Experience with IBM’s SOA Suite including WebSphere and/or ILOG
- IBM Rational Suite
- Web Services Security (WSS)
- Existing MBI or other government clearance
- Agile Methodology
- VA Experience
- PMAS and ProPath Experience
Degree (note if only desired)
BS, Computer Science/Management Information Systems or Systems Engineering and four years of experience; or a minimum of four years of related experience performing routine design, coding and documentation of application programs.
Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required; suitability check required to start
Veterans Enterprise Technology Solutions - 19 months ago