WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. is a dynamic and growing small business offering challenging opportunities to well qualified candidates. Since 1997, WOOD has brought innovative solutions to federal and state government clients in support of mission-critical requirements as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor. Today, we are a leading provider of transformation services with special emphasis on interoperability challenges faced by clients such as the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of the Treasury, the State of Maryland, and Howard County Government.
WOOD has a benefit package that ranks within the top 5% of local businesses. We invite you to visit our website at www.woodcons.com to learn more and to submit your resume. We look forward to speaking with you.
WOOD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Provides senior project leadership experience and senior technical development and system design skills. Responsible for designing and creating technical specifications from functional specifications for complex development projects; analyze the impacts of vendor-provided updates and upgrades to the system; program solutions using JAVA Enterprise Edition (J2EE). Provides production support by analyzing, designing, programming, and testing solutions to complex production problems. Develops test scenarios and test cases. Corrects data in critical situations.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Engineering, or a computer-related field. In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree:
- Additional four (4) years of relevant experience with object-oriented design and development with strong JAVA Enterprise Edition (J2EE) and EJB background can be substituted.
- Five (5) years of experience developing web applications utilizing JAVA Enterprise Edition (J2EE), XML, and Web Services at an enterprise level
- Three (3) years of experience with configuration management technologies such as Redmine, Subversion, or STAT
- Five (5) years experience in developing, prototyping, testing solutions for information systems implementation
- Three (3) years of experience developing JAVA Enterprise Edition (J2EE) web applications utilizing relational database technologies such as Oracle
- Technical development experience with Business Process Modeling (BPM) tools, Business Rules Integration, and Electronic Content Management
- Technical development experience with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technology
- Technical development experience with standards, specifications, and standards bodies (XML, JMS, Web Services, etc.)
- Technical development experience with large-scale, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) implementation
- Two (2) years of experience using ORACLE and SQL commands
Wood Consulting - 7 months ago