The Application Specialist is responsible for diagnosing, and resolving complex application issues of internal users that have been escalated by the Tier 1 support desk quickly and effectively. The Application Specialist is an expert in all functional and operational aspects of at least one business software application. With expert level knowledge of Republic’s software applications, the Application Specialist may partner with the business community to provide IT support for organizational initiatives or activity.
- Diagnose and resolve complex software application issues of end users promptly and professionally.
- Ensure the provision of accurate and effective solutions for end users and end user support needs are met with consistently high quality of service.
- Engage appropriate IT and business resources to resolve technical issues and support business processes, as needed, while updating users on progress toward resolution.
- Act as a coach and mentor for newer staff.
- Perform IT-related activities for projects to support the company priorities.
- Identify and recommend system modifications to reduce user issues.
- Fully document each issue and resolution using the incident tracking system.
- Keep support desk team, peers, and management apprised of any new support issues in a clear and timely manner.
- Document processes and procedures for training IT team and end users.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking “Apply Now'. Please reference Job Title and Job #.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
High School diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, technology-related field or business-related field.
- 3 years plus of experience with waste industry software, including but not limited to InfoPro, Dossier, and TRUX.
- Business systems analytical experience, including the ability to flow chart processes.
- Conversant with all functional and operational aspects of relevant software applications and operating procedures.
- Experience with Standard Query Language (SQL).
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to quickly learn new software and technologies.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to resolve issues without detailed supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to take ownership of and follow through on user issues until resolution is achieved.
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with peers and management.
- Strong relationship-building and people skills.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to impart technical knowledge to non-technical end users.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and effectively respond to changing priorities.
- Competency with MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience and creativity in troubleshooting software application problems.
- Knowledge and understanding of relational databases.
- The ability to lead large multi-step tasks that require coordination across multiple departments.
- Strong technical judgment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Going Green for the Environment.
Republic Services - 17 months ago