Texas Oncology Information Services has an exciting opportunity for an Application Specialist in Richardson, TX.
Under direct supervision, provides services to ensure efficient, appropriate use of information systems and services. Areas of involvement include practice management systems, office automation products, network services, clinical systems, decision support systems and external data base services. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of Application Specialist includes:
- Assists in implementing policies and procedures for all assigned systems.
- Ensures that updated material is properly distributed and training scheduled, delivered and tracked where appropriate.
- Assists in the conversion of practice systems to standard products. In this capacity serves to coordinate practice, vendor and corporate activities to achieve an effective transition.
- Assists with help desk activities to identify needed changes to system configuration or other appropriate response as indicated.
- Maintains an organized list of desirable enhancements for each assigned product or service.
- Coordinates appropriate review by vendor or other IT personnel and communicates results to interested parties.
- Provides formal and informal training on all assigned systems or services. This includes first time training on new systems or services, new employee training, new enhancement training and training related to new modules within existing systems.
- Collects, analyzes and responds to skills assessment feedback for all areas of responsibility. This process will serve to proscribe measurable indicators of proficiency with the respective systems or services. These measures will serve as guidelines for the scheduling of resources to achieve desirable proficiency levels.
- Performs periodic reviews of operational areas to validate compliance with documented policies and procedures or identify needed changes to achieve compliance. When needed changes are identified, works with local leadership to develop a mutually agreeable plan to affect such changes.
- Maintains all documentation associated with the Practice Management Applications, including security, software distribution, and version control.
Requirements for Application Specialist includes:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree. Additional experience may be substituted for education.
- A minimum of three to five years experience.
- Work may require some travel by air or automobile, approximately 50-70% of workweek, on average.