Though best known for GPS technology, Trimble integrates a wide range of positioning technologies including GPS, laser, optical and inertial technologies with application software, wireless communications, and services to provide complete commercial solutions. Meridian Systems, a division of Trimble, is an established market leader in construction project management technologies to the building owner and architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) market segments. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
The application analyst provides advanced (2
tier) technical support and hosting administration services for Meridian products and services. The application analyst performs research and works with product development in creation of issues for defects, enhancement requests, hot fixes, and service requests to professional services. The application analyst performs product troubleshooting and works with engineering and others driving the resolution to identified issues through workarounds or fixes in the affected product. They perform release product readiness acceptance testing, and author and publish knowledge base articles and Technical bulletins for use both internally and externally. As Hosting Administrators, they create and maintain Meridian Hosted user accounts and maintenance of all active user data. They also maintain and develop training materials used for internal and external staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the internal customer advocate to prioritize customer issues being addressed in future service updates
- Develop, maintain, and share advanced technical and functional knowledge on all supported products and solutions. Perform necessary testing and troubleshooting and document findings and best practices
- Provide prompt and accurate solutions, workarounds, advice, and recommendations when providing 3rd tier support to the Support Services staff and Meridian customers
- Provide After Hours Support as required
- Develop and provide internal product training, including but not limited to structured group/individual training, in prompt to training, or training other departments or partners.
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years experience in a software-based technical support role.
- Has advanced troubleshooting capabilities in the following areas:
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
- Meridian family of software and hosted internet solutions. Proliance experience preferred.
- Relational database architecture and concepts (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Networking (client, server, enterprise)
- Operating Systems and Technologies (Windows, .NET, XML, Internet IIS, ASPs, Browsers)
- Messaging Technologies (MAPI, POS3/SMTP, HTTP)
- Citrix/Terminal Server
Trimble Navigation Limited - 15 months ago