Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Applications Specialist for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Designs and maintains USAA's business applications which apply rules to underwrite Life Insurance Company products. Codes updates and coordinates testing of business rules for Life Underwriting business applications. Coordinates with other FASG functional areas such as Actuary, Information Technology, Life Operations, and FASG Reporting to ensure accurate application of rules.
- Applies broad knowledge of the business, its products and processes as it pertains to Life Co. applications. Collaborates with business subject matter experts to maintain and update business rules within the ILOG JRules environment.
- Analyzes business systems performance to determine changes needed for performance optimization.
- Creates and maintains ad hoc queries in IBM DB2 and Oracle databases.
- Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, performs coding of medium to highly complex changes, conducts unit testing of core system functionality and corrects defects during various phases of testing.
- Serves in an advisory capacity to internal staff and resolves escalated issues as they arise.
- Develops and maintains cross-functional business relationships within the company and external organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related technical concentration or six years of work experience.
- 4 or more years of software applications and business support experience with at least three years of coding experience.
- Technical proficiency in Sun Microsystems/Oracle Java, MS Access, SQL Developer and XML.
- Experience in data analysis tools and industry data resources.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- 2 years JRULES/ILOG rules configuration experience.
- 1 year USAA life insurance system experience (HAL, Front Office).
- Previous software development experience.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
USAA - 22 months ago
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...