The Application Systems Administrator is responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance and support of Synarcs internally developed applications. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
· Provide general oversight, support, and maintenance for medical imaging applications and related components.
· Perform application installations for new and existing clinical studies.
· Pinpoint application and system problems and communicate possible solutions for resolution.
· Perform and document application and system installations.
· Support 3 rd party and internally developed systems and applications working closely with the support and development teams.
· Work interactively with users and other staff to analyze and solve complex system problems.
· Work independently and make decisions.
· Manage or help manage projects of medium to large scope.
· Assist in the installation, integration and maintenance of hardware and software.
· Assist in training users and other support staff.
· Assist in developing, modifying and operating in accordance with organizational Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
· Maintain accurate records to remain in accordance with Synarc SOPs and customer obligations and standards.
· Maintain system administration scripts written in Bash, Ruby, and Perl.
· Provide mentoring to other IT personnel.
2 + years experience
· Extensive real world work experience with information technology and data management systems and processes.
· Deep knowledge of Apache and Jboss with previous support experience.
· Advanced skills with administering and troubleshooting applications on Windows and Linux systems.
· Experienced in using Linux.
· Working knowledge of networking.
· Knowledge of IT security and anti-virus principles.
· Familiarity with database systems, including Oracle, Microsoft SQL, and Sybase.
· Previous experience with remote/phone based customer support.
SYNARC Inc. - 15 months ago
Synarc enables its clients to demonstrate the efficacy of new therapies across a broad range of therapeutic areas through highly specialized...