The Global Law Firm of K&L Gates seeks an experienced Application Support Analyst for its Pittsburgh Office. The Application Support Analyst provides for specialized knowledge and expertise in one or more technologies or applications within the production environment. This role is responsible for the administration and maintenance of production software systems providing for additional background towards the capabilities and operation of such systems in troubleshooting scenarios.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The daily make up of tasks changes depending on department needs.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts routine administration and continual improvement of applications within the production environment.
- Facilitates for monthly maintenance activities as they relate to production software.
- Research, install, and troubleshoot software as necessary to meet needs of firm practice groups or individuals.
- Function as technical subject matter expert (SME) for support of applications in production environment and act as a technical resource in firm projects.
- Assist in support of various programs used by all practice groups, as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Technical escalation resource to Help Desk
- Drafting and maintenance of documentation for applications within the environment.
- Testing of applications, upgrades, and patches prior to introduction to production environment.
- Provide mentorship and training to other team members in areas of expertise.
- Prior experience with software applications used in the legal industry such as document management, docketing, legal records, library management, trademark management, or electronic discovery systems highly desired.
- Working experience supporting a variety of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated knowledge with relational database systems, networking, and Internet technologies as it pertains to an application in production.
- Experience with a systematic approach towards software testing.
- Prior experience or ability to quickly learn the operations within a law firm.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, handle interruptions but maintain flexibility with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form and interact with diverse personalities
- Passion towards analysis and creative improvement of technology and processes
- Flexibility to work beyond the typical work day as required; evenings, weekends, etc.
- Travel to other K&L offices as required
- 3-5 years of previous related experience, previous law firm experience highly beneficial
- B.A./B.S. in related field preferred or equivalent education/experience to provide necessary skills to carry out responsibilities
Information contained in this description represents the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Reasonable accommodations will be considered in appropriate circumstances; however, as the nature of an accommodation may vary depending on the needs and desires of an individual with a disability, it is impossible to describe in advance specific accommodations that will be considered.
- Desk type position which requires a combination of both sedentary and standing activities
- Office type environment (cubicle) located in the Information Systems Department
- Daily use of personal computer and associated software programs required users
NOTE: Firm management reserves the right to amend and revise responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent benefits.
K&L Gates comprises approximately 1,400 lawyers in 22 offices located in North America, Europe and Asia, and represents capital markets...