Job Order: J0213-1739 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Application Support Analyst
Category: Information Technology
City: Houston, Texas, United States
Job Description: Application Support Analyst
CGI is currently looking to hire a Compliance and Regulatory Application Support Analyst.
The Compliance & Regulatory Application Support Analyst is responsible for supporting the Compliance & Regulatory Manager in ensuring compliance with Group standards, in particular with Information Security, SOX, as well as in the compliance & regulatory areas.
The candidate will provide support for the Compliance & Regulatory suite of applications, i.e. Dodd-Frank Repository, Custom SDR Gateway, Autonomy BizComms Monitoring, Actimize Trade Monitoring applications, etc. This role requires the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, both within the Business and IT communities including interface application teams and infrastructure teams. In addition, to perform troubleshooting, investigating for root causes, run & maintain bug fixes, small enhancements, project involvement, project testing, providing consultation, act as SME for the applications, and possess business process knowledge is expected.
Candidate must be able to methodically investigate, analyze and document all or part of the business and applications in terms of business functions and processes, and the information they use. As well as gathering specifications and business requirements, and communicate effectively.
- Stay abreast on all issues affecting the application suites
- Stay abreast of changes in Compliance & Regulatory business environment and how IT can support these changes
- Ensure the support activities align as close as possible with Group IT policies, processes, and initiatives.
- Possess technical skills required to perform investigation, troubleshooting, data/configuration or code deployment, development of bug fixes and enhancements.
- Actively represent the application suite with all stakeholders, building effective relationships with business users, interfacing application managers/developers, project managers, support organizations, and software vendors.
- Act as escalation point for ITSO to provide support for Incident & Problem related activities
- Represent the transition to support of enhancements, bug fixes and projects
- Manages the change control procedures for code migration and oversees Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing responsibilities of all updates provided by 3rd Party.
- Manage development and delivery of all application reports
- Work with Compliance & Regulatory programs (e.g. Insight; Dodd Frank, EU Regulatory EMIR/REMIT) to ensure smooth delivery of supportable and sustainable solutions into production
- Act as SME in Compliance & Regulatory projects
- Ensure compliance with Group standards, in particular with Information Security and SOX
Candidate will work with clients/users to do the following.
- Investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures as part of day to day production support.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues, and/or coordinate with interface or infrastructure teams for issue resolution.
- Define requirements for improving any aspect of the processes and systems.
- Create viable specifications in preparation for the construction of information systems.
- Create and update documentation of IT and business processes.
- Gather specifications, design, analyze, test and coordinate project implementations of at least medium scale.
- Candidate will be expected to handle generic IT analytical thinking, information acquisition and gap analysis.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot user, process and error logs to evaluate and analyze problems or issues.
- Perform analysis that addresses root cause, temporary work-around, and long term solutions.
- Build test plan/test cases/test scripts, perform unit or regression testing, and thoroughly document the results.
- Follow established processes and company policies as well as understand IT Controls, segregation of duties, and how it impacts IT organization.
- Candidate will be expected to work productively under pressure, and under strict deadlines.
- Candidate needs to be able to share knowledge through documentation or conducting training.
- Minimum 4 years of experience performing analysis and authoring functional design documents in support of an Energy Trading business
- Bachelor degree in MIS, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred.
- Senior level ability to utilize transact SQL and/or PL/SQL to investigate data in Oracle and SQL database is required.
- Experience in testing methodologies utilizing a testing tool (e.g. Quality Center) preferred.
- Knowledge of Commodity Trading and Risk Management systems (e.g. Endur, Zainet, Nucleus, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Experience with Subversion, Service Manager, ClearQuest tools preferred.
- Experience using ITIL methodology is desirable.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- IT experience in a high paced trading organization required.
- IT experience in direct customer support as end user support or application support required.
- IT experience in troubleshooting application issues and configurations required.
- IT experience in remote support of applications required.
- Ability to write and tune Transact SQL and PL/SQL strongly preferred.
- ETL tool like Informatica strongly preferred.
- C, C#, and/or JAVA Experience strongly preferred
- Ability to write, analyze, and troubleshoot queries or scripts preferred.
- Ability to utilize a wide range of tools for data and process analysis preferred.
- Experience with running or supporting End of Day (EOD) processes and understanding of PNL preferred.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- Ability to read XML preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Visio 2007 or 2010 preferred.
- Experience with database and network, and file system storage over IP monitoring preferred.
- Familiarity with Application Infrastructure landscape preferred.
- Experience with server and/or database administration preferred.
- Understanding database structure and tables.
- Be proficient in business analysis techniques.
- Experience with ticket tracking system and change management process.
- Able to troubleshoot and identify root cause for issues.
- Able to gather and articulate/translate bug fix or enhancement requirements and effectively communicate to and between business and IT.
- Batch scheduling.
Preferred Software, databases, protocols, and languages:
o Informatica (ETL Tool)
o Data Warehousing skills (Dimensional Modeling)
o PL/SQL and/or Transact SQL
o HTTP Protocal
o .Net, C#, Visual Studio
o MS Web Services, and Messaging Protocols
o Windows Servers 2008
o SQL Server and Microsoft SQL Management Studio
o C, C+, C++
o Rapid SQL
o Batch processing and scripting
o Microsoft Exchange servers At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 69,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
About CGI Group
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading...