Job Title: Application Support Analyst
Job ID: 278617
Location: US-California-Santa Clara
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Day to Day Work
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 23,000 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
Application Support Analyst
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Position Overview :
- The Application Support Analyst is primarily responsible for providing COTS application support.
- Act as a technical expert in relation to the COTS applications. Respond to Customer Service Requests as required.
- Receive Service Requests relating to fixes, fails, and proposed system changes. Perform initial troubleshooting and support identification of root cause of Incidents. Escalate Incidents to third party vendor as required. Follow through on processing Incidents and drive resolution with the third party vendor. Produce timely Incident reports documenting system downtime.
- Provide spot checking for data quality and integrity. Report potential issues to the appropriate business unit for further investigation.
- Follow change control procedures.
- Develop and maintain technical and operational procedure and work instruction documentation.
- Act as a liaison between the Customer and third party vendors. Create and track Service Requests from inception to completion. Create and track enhancement requests from inception to completion, create test cases for enhancements, and coordinate and conduct user acceptance testing.
- Consult on data processing and data structures to support ongoing operations and enhancements for the Customer application suite.
- Coordinate the implementation of Customer application suite enhancements with the Customer business units and third party vendors.
- Measure the success of product/service deployment in terms of usage, revenue, and profitability.
- Evaluate other third party vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Build strong and trusted relationships with Customer stakeholders in order to be viewed as a technical thought leader for Customer IT.
- Meet with key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Provide status reports on a regular basis that demonstrate delivery according to service level agreements.
- Communicate challenges and opportunities proactively and consistently to drive business performance.
- Meet with Project Manager at least once a week to provide smooth communication
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes effective communication between team members and management.
- Participate in team meetings on a regular basis.
- Communicate in a customer-focused manner.
- Build a network and proactively maintain contacts to foster professional and personal growth.
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in CS, CIS, MIS or equivalent 3+ years of experience in a related field.
- Three years of experience working as an application analyst
- Experience with COTS Applications - installation, implementation, troubleshooting, business process
- Microsoft Office
- Understanding of client server technologies and relational database concepts
- Experience with MS SQL Server, Windows operating systems.
- Innovative self-starter with excellent communication skills
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - M, F, Disabled Persons, and Veterans
Unisys - 30+ days ago
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical...