AWAC Services Company, Inc. is for an Application Support Analyst to provide first line IT and project management support for the Risk Management / Modeling group of a global P&C insurance company. The person in this position will be responsible for the day-to-day IT support of systems, software, databases and application design and will work closely with company IT staff to ensure compliance as it relates to IT infrastructure and requirements.
- Provide front line helpdesk response for Risk Management / Modeling Dept
- Provide project management, business analysis and design for the CAT Risk Dept.
- SQL database / server maintenance (design, file storage, troubleshoot and upgrade)
- Web app & Reporting app build/deploy (manage release versions in MS Team foundation)
- Effectively collaborates with third party developers/vendors to ensure design specs, architecture and development plan is fully documented and vendors are held accountable.
- Coordinates, manages and completes any third party vendor installations and upgrades
- Support and troubleshoot all software used by the Risk management / Modeling Dept.
- Direct developers and internal resources in the creation and testing of applications to support business requirements
- Deploy and validate to test and production platforms
- Collaborate with business, technical and validation resources to ensure project delivery and on-going support of applications
- Assist with the automation of simulation tasks using VBA interface
- Strong technical training in computer science (bachelor’s)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as SQL DBA (certification preferred)
- Application development experience (VB, VA, C#, Java etc.)
- Knowledge of CAT Models (RMS, AIR)
- Property & Casualty experience (direct / reinsurance)
- Project management experience
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Willing to travel
- Ability to communicate in both business and technical IT terms
- Possess a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
- Result focused and able to work with little supervision
Allied World Assurance Company - 10 months ago