I. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Application Support Analyst will be responsible for the analysis, support and maintenance of multiple tier applications written in Java and C#. The candidate must have hands on experience and knowledge of technologies including relational databases and Java/J2EE. Prior experience in development and/or support of financial applications is a plus.
II. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONS:
This position primarily covers Java, Unix and SQL applications within the Citco AExeo group and reports to the Appsupport Manager.
III. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• 3-5 years professional hands-on experience of the full SDLC in Java/J2EE server side enterprise application development
• Experience of J2EE application servers (WebSphere 6.1+) and IBM RSA/RAD is a plus
• Previous experience with C#/.NET and Delphi is a plus
• Prior experience with relational databases (Oracle 10g/11g and Sybase 12.5.3)
• Experience with debugging and tuning J2EE applications
• Working knowledge of performance testing is a plus
• Knowledge of logical and physical database design
• Experience using Maven, Subversion and Cruise Control
• Familiarity in working on NT and Unix operating systems
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
• Ability to identify and evaluate technologies
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
• Ability to work independently with or without direction and or supervision.
Portray professional demeanor.
• Communicate and prepare written material in professional manner.
• Manage own time and tasks.
• Prepare reports and status periodically.
• Maintain a tidy desk and work environment.
• Accept responsibility and personal accountability.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality; follow proper procedures for requesting time off; communicate with
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in approach to work.
• Demonstrate use of professional judgment on the job.
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication with staff members.
• Promptly respond to telephone calls, voice-mail, e-mail and pages.
• Demonstrate reliability.
• Demonstrate effective teamwork and working relationships with others.
• Demonstrate a self-directed approach to learning new technologies in the field; pursue professional development.
• Possess self motivation and initiative
IV. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Background / Qualifications:
• Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience. Any certifications a plus.
Previous Work Experience:
• 3 years designing and developing java server side solutions
• Knowledge of financial industry highly desirable
Specific Knowledge / Skills:
• Knowledge of Hedge Fund or Financial industry a major plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of Microsoft XP, UNIX (Solaris, Linux), basic networking
• Excellent listening, questioning and analytic skills
• Excellent telephone techniques/customer service skills
• Excellent oral/written communication skills.
• Must be able to maneuver effectively within environment.
• Demands may include additional hours within work environment during non-business hours.
• Primarily sitting
• Must be able to verbally communicate effectively in English
• Must be able to meet deadlines and changing priorities. Must be able to work in high-pressured environment, especially during a crisis.
• Possess the ability to stay calm and professional with clients and staff experiencing technical issues.
• Must be able to use a keyboard, read a display monitor, and use other office-related equipment
• Flexibility and ability to deal with change.
• Flexibility in work schedule according to project and business needs.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Flexible and understands hours and schedule.
V. WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a challenging job in a growing international company, an opportunity to expand your business knowledge by working with prestigious clients and complex financial and technological instruments, and a friendly and fast-paced environment. Additionally, Citco is proud to offer our employees competitive compensation, vacation and health insurance benefits.
VI. INTEREST IN APPLYING?
Please click here to apply: Please click here to apply: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CITCO&cws=1&rid=534
Find out more about us! www.citco.com
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) STATEMENT:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job specific functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills.
Citco Group - 17 months ago