The role is to ensure uninterrupted delivery of middle office systems to the business and to facilitate and implement enhancements to these systems.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a Linux/Sybase/Microsoft SQL Server/Windows environment, and should be able to investigate job failures by analyzing event logs and log files, check job dependencies, query databases, restart batch streams. The candidate should be comfortable with Unix/Linux text editors (Such as Vi/Emacs) as well as Windows/Powershell/VB editing. The individual must be proficient in Shell and Perl scripting. Familiarity with automated scheduling tools such as Autosys, Tidal, and understanding of scheduling concepts is an advantage. Exposure to any of these other areas would be considered a plus: C/C++, Java/J2EE, and VB/.Net.
The individual must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and should be able to clearly explain technical issues. Must be able to contribute to a global operate knowledge base by documenting procedures and the resolution to common problems. Candidate should be able to carry on work independently with minimal supervision.
- BA/BS or equivalent with 3 years experience in Information Technology support
- UNIX/Linux file management and shell scripting, bash /C shell, and Perl scripting
- Strong and demonstrable trouble-shooting/problem solving /analytical skills
- Strong UNIX/Linux Shell, SQL, Windows Powershell scripting
- Understanding of Financial and Banking applications or related business experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable to necessary changes in work requirements, roles and responsibilities
Familiarity with C/C++, Java/J2EE, and VB/.Net
Familiarity with Autosys, Tidal, etc.
US-NY-Brooklyn-4 Chase Metrotech Ctr / 03357
Asset & Wealth Management
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...