The Applications Support Analyst will support end users in the use of various types of systems and software programs to efficiently and effectively reach business objectives. The qualified candidate will be responsible for software application training and addressing software issues and problems for end users in operations, sales, and finance.
Major Responsibilities: (To include but not limited to)
- Effectively communicate and present training material to all levels of staff across multiple departments within NOV Tuboscope.
- Support the Microsoft Customer Relationship Management System (CRM), and the inventory and invoicing software program GOLD, and the Drill Pipe system.
- System/software incident management – mitigate, facilitate, coordinate, escalate and document impacting incidents. Determination of root cause, implement action plans to prevent reoccurrence. Identify reoccurring issues and mitigate and reduce the number of incidents.
- Provide project support by actively engaging in assigned projects to ensure timely completion without incidents.
- Participate in the development and implementation of assigned information systems projects.
- Perform detailed analysis and design on assigned systems projects.
- Develop and execute test plans to verify that identified systems and software programs meet user specifications.
- Provide initial and ongoing training on designated system and software programs.
- Evaluate existing and future systems to ensure the organization’s business needs are being met.
Excellent customer service skills.
Ability to quickly receive and process information and make appropriate decisions.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Effective issue management skills, problem identification, root cause analysis, and solution recommendation.
Self-confident, self-directed, ability to work with various levels of staff and management.
Excellent time management skills.
Ability to remain calm, work in a fast paced and at times pressured environment, and balance competing priorities.
Excellent presentation and training skills.
Confidence when making recommendations to key members of management and influencing members of the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience.
Previous technical experience in various technology environments and applications support.
Some previous experience in an interfacing role with a management teams is a plus.
Domestic and international travel required 50% of the time.
US TX Houston Holmes Tuboscope Inc.
2835 Holmes Road
P.O. Box 808
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...