Savvis, which merged with CenturyLink in July 2011, is an outsourcing provider of managed computing and network infrastructure for IT applications. By outsourcing to Savvis, enterprises can focus on their core business while Savvis ensures the quality of their IT infrastructure. Leading IT organizations around the world have selected Savvis to help them improve their service levels, reduce capital expense and deal with the rising costs of bandwidth, energy, real estate, staff and expertise. As a pioneer in utility computing, Savvis understands and harnesses the latest advances in technology such as virtualization, cloud computing and support process automation.
Description: The Application Support team within the Global Systems Development department supports major internal SAVVIS business functions of Incident and Request management, Configuration Management Database, Change and Problem Management. The Application Support Analyst is accountable for support and minor enhancement of the business applications that employees use on a day-to-day basis.
They are responsible for understanding the business processes and leverage their understanding of systems and integrations to effectively and efficiently support the business..
The Application Support Analyst plays a key role supporting the business and systems analyst team. Specifically, the role involves root cause analysis, data updates, application configuration, system analysis and coordination of development efforts with business partners, systems analysts, end-users, and developers as needed to implement system enhancements.
- Act as the front-line support for all Remedy (Concert) requests or incidents.
- Take ownership for understanding of Savvis business processes that are supported by this application.
- Responsible for managing development resources, timelines and implementation of code changes for defect resolution.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, test and implementation of minor business requirements received from the business users.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand and use development or administrative tools.
- Manage small software development projects to meet the needs of the business, on-time.
- Understand, and take ownership of, the impact of all system changes.
- Respond to incoming requests for issues and requests for business and operational applications.
- Research and an analyze data inconsistencies.
- Provide detailed business and some technical requirements for minor enhancement requests.
- Follow departmental standard processes for design, development, testing, deployment and support of Savvis business applications.
- Provide regular status updates customers and management.
- Work with Business Analyst departments on project transitions to support.
- Two to four years work experience with applications relevant to internal business support.
- Understanding of relational database models for business applications.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and manage personal work and small projects.
- Strong problem solving, decision-making, and analytical abilities.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Possess ability to collaborate effectively with a wide array of people on many different levels.
Education or Equivalent Experience: BA/BS in Information Systems with minor in Business or equivalent work in industry preferred.
- Two to four years work experience with Remedy support.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- ITIL Certification v2 or v3
- Posse a strong knowledge of IT processes, and software development methodologies and best practices.
- Business process knowledge including regional variations in global business practices, and distributed application architectures.
- Understanding of dimensional database models for data warehousing and reporting.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.