Application Support Analyst Job Description
Department: Technical Services
Reports to: Manager of Technical Services
The Application Support Analyst works within the Technical Services team to ensure the successful operation of data processing through SPS systems that meets or exceeds our Service Level Goals and Service Level Agreements, where applicable by contract, by solving problems that occur within the application and/or by interacting with internal and external customers.
- Flexibility / Adaptability : Openness to different ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
- Customer Orientation : Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s external and / or internal customer.
- Initiative : Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked to or being required to by the situation.
- Self-confidence : Faith in one’s own ideas and ability to be successful: willingness to take an independent position in the face of opposition.
- Personal Credibility and Attention to Detail : Demonstrated concern that one can be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Task Management Skills : Ability to manage one’s own time and keep up problems occurring within multiple environments.
- Verbal & Written Communication Skills : Ability to respond clearly and effectively to internal and external customers.
- Problem Solving & Analytical Skills : Knowledge and experience in effective research and troubleshooting.
- Respond to the Error Tickets sent from SPS Applications and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Actively review and improve current configuration and error handling procedures and maintain the corresponding documentation.
- Drive improvement and enforce best practices in the current application configuration.
- Act as an escalation point to resources responsible for setting up and maintaining customers in production by researching and resolving setup and transaction related issues.
- Actively learn about new SPS products and processes.
- Perform other duties and projects, as assigned by Customer Operations Management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- College degree or equivalent experience combination of education and experience; IT-related degree preferred.
- 2 Years prior Customer Support, Technology Support, Application Support, or equivalent SPS experience.
- Demonstratable computer and analytical skills.
- Demonstratable experience with relational databases such as MS SQL Server and Oracle SQL.
- Demonstratable experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with EDI data and syntax preferred.
SPS Commerce - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
SPS Commerce perfects the power of retail trading partner relationships with the industry's most broadly adopted, enterprise retail cloud...