Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
Ensures that Service Level and System Availability targets are met while functioning as the Level II/III application support resource for YLA IT applications. Responsible for resolving complex or new issues, assisting Level I personnel solve basic technical problems, documenting issue resolutions to enable future resolutions, interfacing with Level III developers/vendors when resolving and reporting system issues/bugs for defined application areas. Provides proactive support, application training, and effective usage assistance. Ensures 3rd party application providers resolve issues in a timely manner and in accordance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Tracks issue trends. Prepares and implements proactive support plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Resolves complex application issues in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
· Responds to c.Support tickets; interacts with various internal IS teams, Operations, customers and possibly external 3rd party vendors to provide second level troubleshooting and problem resolution.
· Pushes/changes allocation data, reflags data for EDI extraction, updates of quantities/locations in Warehouse data in response to a ticket.
· Writes/runs ad hoc queries/scripts for diagnostic purposes; Runs approved SQL scripts to update records
· Reboots production systems or services to restore service.
· Serves as Subject Matter Expert for the applications supported.
· Identifies root causes of reoccurring problems and implements solutions in accordance with SOP; serves as Problem Manager where appropriate.
· Proactively identifies and implements opportunities for system improvement, process improvement, and training; e.g. system availability and health monitoring initiatives, Peak Support initiatives.
· Trains users on best practice usage of applications, ensuring training programs are developed and maintained.
· Cross-trains other Support Analysts and provides training to/information needed by the Service Desk.
· Collects metrics needed for management reporting, customer SLA measurement, and process and application monitoring.
Education and Experience:
College degree or experience equivalent plus 3 years’ experience in development, support or troubleshooting of applications as part of IT or as an application super user or trainer; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Must have the following experience:
· Windows operating system (2000 or higher) and Microsoft Office required.
· Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
· Proven aptitude for learning and working with a variety of software products and hardware platforms.
· Managing vendor relationships and providing technical training preferred.
· Working knowledge of ITIL processes preferred.
· With applications for and processes of warehousing, transloading, intermodal, truck transportation, and international transportation services are strongly preferred.
· Willing to travel to other offices on short notice based on work requirements.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 12 months ago