***** This position can be in either our Reno, NV, San Leandro, CA or Bradenton, FL locations********
The Application Support Business Analyst maintains and supports TriNet’s critical business applications with core competencies focused on PeopleSoft HRMS, Financials and CRM, and HRP platforms and their technical integrations. Daily the Application Support Business Analyst (BA) will diagnose, troubleshoot, resolve and test critical production issues logged by the business users. In addition to identifying continuous improvements and operational workflow efficiencies that can be measured, the BA’s key responsibilities include recognizing production incident trends through root cause analysis. In this role the BA must accurately repair and document changes to production applications.
• Prepare/maintain internal documentation of reports and procedures for troubleshooting custom designed processes, production and application support.
• Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying problem.
• Escalate global issues to established escalation path and support structure and provide timely updates to global outages.
• Develop and maintain queries using PS Query or SQL.
• Use technical skills to troubleshoot production problems.
• Review technical designs as well as functional specifications.
• Participate in functional specification and technical design reviews; provide feedback/recommendations as appropriate and necessary, highlighting potential operational impacts and workflow improvement opportunities.
• Validate production fixes ensuring issues resolution/problem mitigation.
• Participate in test plan reviews and provide feedback.
• Prepares/maintains internal documentation of reports and procedures for troubleshooting custom designed processes and application support.
• Act as subject matter expertise in any one of the following areas: Payroll, Taxes/Compliance, Benefits/COBRA Administration, FSA Administration, Compensation, Human Resources, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, and CRM.
• Review patches, fix packs, and bundles provided by PeopleSoft and identify which need implementing at TriNet.
• Provide training to end users on system functionality.
• Prepare and submit weekly time and status reports to management and maintain a current list of tasks as assigned by management to ensure deliverables are met as scheduled and committed.
• Learn and continue to gain business operations knowledge.
• Provide assistance to less experienced team members on production support issues.
• Enable effective team interaction.
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent business experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): CPP, CEBS, CBA, PMP
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years as a PowerUser in the role of a Functional Analyst, minimum 3-5 years experience in supporting the following PeopleSoft releases: PeopleSoft HRMS, PeopleSoft Financials, PeopleSoft CRM, PeopleTools.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong aptitude in logical and analytical thinking, as well as strong problem solving skills.
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work collaboratively.
• Strong communication skills; Ability to develop ideas and articulate these ideas to team members, to management and to internal customers.
• Ability to manage customer expectations.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with business partners and internal team members; must be able to interact at all levels of the corporation with patience, courtesy, diplomacy and professionalism.
• Solid functional knowledge that compliment systems troubleshooting skills.
• Knowledge of technical tools used to develop applications in PeopleSoft, including SQR, PeopleCode, Application Engine, and Application Designer.
• Knowledge of SQR programming language (COBOL), ability to read and analyze a program and troubleshoot issues.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Quality Center, and SQL (Toad/Golden).
• Ability to work in a fast paced constantly evolving workplace.
• In-depth knowledge of PEO/HRO industry preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
• 0-5% travel required.
• Sitting for long periods of time is necessary.
• Moderate noise level.
• Provide 24/7 on-call rotational support of critical business applications as scheduled and required.
Since 1988, thousands of companies throughout the United States and Canada have placed their trust in TriNet to help them manage their Human Resources more strategically and cost-effectively. We give our customers the economies of scale they need to access and deploy Fortune 500-calibur payroll, benefits and HR services. TriNet has a nationwide presence, an experienced management team, and belongs to the Inc. Magazine Hall of Fame for being one of the fastest growing, privately-held companies for five consecutive years. We’re a mature organization that embraces and rewards both bold strategy and disciplined execution. In your new role, you will use your experience and vision to continue our penetration into our chosen target market verticals of technology, financial service and professional service industries.
TriNet - 12 months ago
Gas Transmission Systems
Walnut Creek, CA
Gas Transmission Systems
- 3 hours ago
Explore Information Services
Explore Information Services
- 9 hours ago
New York, NY
- 1 hour ago