Reports To: Senior Manager, Business Process Automation
Complete Genomics is seeking an entry-level Application Support Engineer to join the team. This role would have the responsibility of supporting a number of custom internal applications that rely on complex data and are crucial to Complete Genomics’ production operations. This role will work directly with the end users while at the same time collaborate closely with the IT Operations and Software Development groups. We are looking for someone who can appreciate the impact of large scale data, understands the discipline of supporting a production operation, and who is willing and able to learn new things.
Principal responsibilities of this position include overall Production Support of Complete Genomics’ internal Application Stack, which would include:
- Provide first-level support to the Business Process Automation group’s applications, including troubleshooting production software and data issues
- Working directly with users to identify issues
- Identify and Implement bug fixes or configuration changes in coordination with both IT Operations and Software Development
- Identify and Implement Process Improvements that will lead to greater reliability and minimized down times for the Application Stack
- Develop infrastructure and tools for system monitoring and performance measurement
- Strong SQL knowledge and experience programming in Java
- Excellent teamwork, communication (verbal and written), and customer-facing skills
- Good understanding of Linux environment, excellent troubleshooting skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases, T-SQL, stored procedures
- Software development background in various languages (Java, .NET, C/C++, PHP, Python, Unix Scripting)
- Strong engineering aptitude and demonstrated ability to apply those skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize high support load to closure or escalation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (preferred) or a technical major
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...