Application Support Specialist (Enterprise Applications Management)
Postholder performs operational and Level 3 level support for production applications in a range of business portfolios. Responsibilities involve the daily management of incidents, operational maintenance and support, development support, and proactive/preventative analysis of systems.
Postholder will demonstrate knowledge of key business processes, products and services, within agreed areas of expertise.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Re-creation, analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of incidents relating to off-the-shelf and proprietary applications and/or platforms.
- Determination of root cause of incidents (configuration vs. defect)
- Liaison with appropriate teams for the development of corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve incidents
- Installation of applications in supported environments.
- Deployment of application upgrades and fixes
- Responding to automated alerts on the health of systems
- Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of applications
- Performing routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status
- Adhere to E&Y and ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Effective call management including logging, monitoring / updating, prioritizing and resolving calls in a timely fashion.
- Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and use accordingly.
- Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Communicates fluently orally and in writing and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Is able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
- Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
- Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities of the employer or client.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Fluent in English language, written and verbal
- Further or Higher education standard qualification.
- 3+ years in Application Management, Operational Support environment/discipline
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Demonstrable knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 server O/S
- Demonstrable knowledge of SQL2005/2008
- Demonstrable Intermediate of IIS platform and tasks (security, application pooling, SSL certificates, etc.)
- Understanding of n-Tier application architecture concepts with understanding of different environments and their usage
- General understanding of networking/LAN/WAN/DMZ concepts
- Familiarity with scheduled jobs and job monitoring tools such as Control-M
- Ability to read and understand .NET code for diagnosis, escalation to Level 4 teams
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
- Conceptual or Remedial knowledge of Stored Procedures, SSIS and Data Transformation Services
- Familiarity with SQL DBMS interface and integrated tools
- Creation of simple queries, running pre-defined scripts, configuration, security, and interpreting logs and traces.
- General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
Desired technical experience & qualifications
- Remedial or intermediate .NET programming and/or scripting experience
- Conceptual understanding of peripheral hardware such as load balancers, WAN optimizers, etc.
- Conceptual SQL knowledge relating to replication setup, DTS, clustering, etc.
- Experience with performance monitoring tools and analysis i.e. MS PerfMon
- Experience supporting applications in shared or virtual environments
- Conceptual understanding of networking hardware (switches, routers, etc.)
- MCITP - Microsoft Certified IT Professional - desired
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - desired
Ernst & Young - 13 months ago
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...