The Application Support Specialist will assist in provisioning new customers, including enabling users, loading customer data and configuring Certica’s K-12 student assessment Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) application, TestWiz. The Application Support Specialist will also play a key role in the ongoing support of customers. These tasks will require strong web application support skills and data management skills using spreadsheets or database queries. The goals of the Application Support Specialist will be customer satisfaction and user adoption.
The Application Support Specialist will have experience with SQL and database management, and scripting or programming on the Microsoft Windows and SQL Server platforms, and will have strong customer service, communication and organizational skills. The Application Support Specialist position will report to the Senior Director, Client Services, and be located in the Austin, Texas area, at Certica’s newest office location.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the customer SaaS provisioning process, including user setup, application configuration and manual and automated data loading;
- Work as part of Certica’s front-line client services team, with a focus on troubleshooting and resolving issues related to customers’ data and proper use of the application features;
- Develop and maintain scripts and utility programs to help the client services team easily accomplish complicated or repetitive tasks;
- Support client services personnel in the building of relationships with customers and to ensure their adoption of the applications and satisfaction over time;
- Collaborate with members of Certica’s product development team to act as a client services liaison between the customer and the product development team;
- Occasional travel to Massachusetts office required;
- Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with database software applications as an application support specialist;
- 5+ years in customer-facing roles with a software company, technology vendor or information technology services firm;
- Excellent knowledge of SQL;
- Strong knowledge of data models is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience managing multiple tasks and projects with flexibility and confidence;
- A customer-focused, self-starter and problem-solver who can make judgments and set priorities based on business strategy and customer urgency;
- Strong willingness to collaborate with colleagues and work on teams;
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus;
- Strong experience with MS Excel and/or MS Access is a must;
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Project is a plus;
- Experience with SaaS is desirable;
- Experience in the K-12 education sector is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree required; computer science major is a plus.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package