Application System Analyst
The Application Systems Analyst supports Vermeer Business Information Technology by participating in implementation and support of business application systems. This position supports and consults internal customers through application maintenance, encoding, testing, debugging and installing organization's application systems, patch management and ad hoc systems related requests. Consult with other users and recommend process improvement opportunities and lead the projects, as required.
Essential duties and responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be
Perform initial test setups for new applications and procedures i.e. XML, B2B, Portal, etc. Defines test criteria and ensures that adequate testing is performed on enterprise system modifications.
Analyze issues concerning enterprise systems- software as well as hardware and promote an understanding and effective application of enterprise systems across the organization.
Provide support and consulting to internal users for adhoc reports and prototype applications and also assist in trouble shooting of existing or developed reports.
Manage patch applications and batch processing for the enterprise systems.
Evaluate requests for enterprise system modifications, including special reports, programming requests, data updates and special processing. Provides support to project leadership in planning, testing and deploying of new system solutions.
Document procedures and data specifications to assist in development of programs and data including detailed description of user needs, program functions and affected data.
Assist in the development of standard work for enterprise system business analysis and development processes.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of high school or equivalent with at least 8 years of related programming experience and/or training, including two or more years experience with ERP software and two or more years experience with relational database, query and reporting tools required.
- 4-year college degree in Business, Operations, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with four or more year's Oracle and Glovia experience, preferred; and/or and equivalent combination of education and experience required. Manufacturing environment experience is a plus.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Excel and Access. Experience working with ERP software and database query tools.
Vermeer is an EEO/AAP/M/F/V/D employer
- Knowledge and understanding of Sun and Dell server hardware as well as Microsoft and Sun server operating systems. Appropriate supporting knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of database tools required, database administration, ODBC, SQL,
Forms, Query Builder, Reporting Tools, Discoverer. Oracle products preferred.
- Proficient in Word, Access, Excel, Internet or ERP systems. Glovia experience preferred, but not required.
- Extensive experience in design, implementation, management and support of enterprise systems.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple information system projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing, inventory and purchasing processes.
- Ability to be timely and accurate.
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the
public/customers and co-workers.
- Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents.
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills, to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Demonstration of excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with diverse
- Demonstration of self-initiative.
Feb 19, 2013, 2:10:12 PM
Vermeer's products have the power to move the earth. The company manufactures a slew of production and farm equipment, distributed...