The Application System Specialist is responsible for providing technical support for a designated group of business system applications. The individual in this position is responsible for providing assistance that includes testing, design and analysis. The individual in this position will communicate effectively with assigned departments, management, and third party vendors to enhance and support current systems. The Application System Specialist consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives as well as provides assistance in the formulation of procedures and best practices for users of applications. This position works closely and consults with the Applications Manager on a daily basis.
Disclaimer:The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Determine and document current workflows and design future workf ows based on systems enhancements
- Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives
- Present recommendations to management and end users (stake holders)
- Provide end user and vendor support for designated software applications
- Review, analyze, and modify systems as needed including performing testing, debugging and installs to support application systems.
- Provide assistance in the formulation of procedures and best practices for users of applications
- Document to describe program development, logic and corrections as necessary
- Fulfill multiple roles throughout the development, implementation, management, and on-going support of all HMG systems
- Collaborate with users and other IT teams to maintain, develop and deploy the best solutions to ensure high level of customer service
- Responsible for successful project delivery and customer satisfaction
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate activities across various initiatives
- Track progress of projects and maintenance activities and report to supervisor
- AS/BS in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated project management leadership, with ability to work in a team environment and access other technical resources (human and mechanical) as needed
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize own work
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Healthcare
- Experience with Allscripts TouchWorks, Orchard’s Harvest and GE’s Centricity Group Management strongly preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in Healthcare required
Holston Medical Group - 10 months ago
At Wellmont Health System, wellness is paramount. Wellmont Health System provides general and advanced medical-surgical care to residents of...